[Twisted-Python] Re: In Defense of Taps

Paul Swartz z3p at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Feb 12 06:48:16 EST 2003

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 02:41:00PM -0500, justin at iago.org wrote:
>  Is there any way, when using it as a client, to get it to use an
>  existing ssh agent?  An ssh client is pretty much useless to me
>  without this, so I may have to end up adding this functionality myself.

This is on my TODO list, especially since the IETF has finally released
a specification for the agent protocol.  There weren't any for the
OpenSSH agent protocol and I didn't feel like wading through their code
to figure out how to do it.

>  Is there an example out there of a basically functioning SSH server
>  using conch that will accept connections and authorize them based on
>  public keys (not passwords)?  The only documentation or example usage
>  I could find for conch is doc/examples/sshsimpleclient.py
>
>  (Passwords bad; Passphrased public keys and agents good)

I thought the example did this already, but I guess not :) I'll work on
this, it's not particularly difficult.

-p
--
       Paul Swartz