[Twisted-Python] Sending email asynchronously

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Thu Feb 6 23:08:33 EST 2003

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 09:40:58PM -0500, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> Adding four lines of code to twisted is a lot easier than
> downloading/learning some other module, don't you think?

Not if you already know how to use that other module.  And considering that
it's in the standard library, I expect that will be fairly common.  The
learning curve for Twisted is steep enough already; I don't see the need to
add a new and different email module to make that even harder.

That said, we've reinvented wheels before, but there's always been a reason.
In my opinion, "I can't be bothered learning how to use a perfectly good
standard library module" isn't a reason.  Obviously if the standard library
module isn't "perfectly good", there's scope for reinvention, but so far
no-one has claimed that this is the case.

-Andrew.