[Twisted-Python] Sending email asynchronously

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Feb 6 21:08:07 EST 2003

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 15:23:06 -0500, Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com> wrote:

> I've just committed a modification of sendEmail to do what I want, it can now
> send HTML email (with a text/plain fallback) and use 7bit encoding when it
> makes sense.  :)

Hmm.  It looks like we are starting to implement a substantial subset of the
"email" module in Python 2.2.  This is available for 2.1 at
http://mimelib.sourceforge.net/ .  I would recommend that anyone developing
Twisted applications that want email integration use that module instead of
using these features of sendEmail -- I would like to see this code go away.

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Traveling Sorcerer   |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |