[Twisted-Python] Re: Woven: can't get view notification to work

Gavrie Philipson gavrie at disksites.com
Wed Dec 10 12:00:29 MST 2003

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:23:56 -0500, Donovan Preston wrote:

> On Dec 10, 2003, at 5:20 AM, Gavrie Philipson wrote:
>
> >         lmx(node).p().text(str(mydict))
>
> Change this to lmx(self) and it works. It's the widget that knows the
> correct place in the current DOM to make changes, not the template node
> that was passed in (node).

Ah, now I see... you wouldn't believe how much I agonized over this... thanks.

Incidentally, since you keep mentioning Nevow, I did have some thoughts on
using it instead of Woven.
However, I am using template files to generate forms instead of generating
them from the code (I need precise layour control). It seems that Nevow
doesn't yet fully handle rendering of template files. Is this correct? Are
any changes to this expected soon?

PS: My apologies to the rest of the list for sending a text message in base64
encoding (making it unreadable in the archives) -- that's what I deserve for
posting that message from Outlook :-)

-- Gavrie.