[Twisted-Python] IRC & Excess-Flood

Richard Livsey R.Livsey at cache-22.co.uk
Thu Dec 11 21:01:21 EST 2003

I'm in the process of writing an IRC component to an app I've made.
All seems to work fine, except when it comes to output a lot of data it
gets booted from the IRC server for flooding :o)

*** Quits: SearchBot (Excess Flood)

However, it doesn't seem to just disconnect as clientConnectionLost
doesn't get called.

In the logs, it says:
 'Stopping factory <__builtin__.IRCClientFactoryFromService instance at
0x00CE06E8>'

Any ideas on what I can do to stop it happening?
For the moment I'm just going to throttle the output by making each
message have a delay using callLater, but it would be nice to work out
whats happening!

Cheers :o)

--
R.Livsey