[Twisted-Python] Another silly XML-RPC question

Dave Peticolas dave at krondo.com
Tue Aug 26 15:47:07 MDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 13:51, Steve Freitas wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Thanks for your reply!
>
> > No, you just send a python dictionary. XML-RPC will serialize
> > it as a struct and it will be converted back to a Python dict
> > before it is passed to your handler.
> >
> > If you're using Twisted on the client side as well:
> >
> >   proxy.callRemote('foo', {'x':42})
>
> Unfortunately I'm using C++ on the client side, with XmlRpc++ as my library
> (http://xmlrpcpp.sourceforge.net/). I'd like to avoid putting Python in that
> mix, as I wasn't planning on using it on the client at all.
>
> Besides, I thought this was what I was doing when I sent my Twisted server a
> simple struct. If XML-RPC serializes it as a struct (which was what I was
> sending), what am I doing wrong to prevent it from working as you describe?

A struct should be unserialized to a Python dict no problem.

It's hard to say from here what is going on, but Twisted's
XMLRPC class is so simple it should be easy to add a few
print statements to find out what is happening. Check out
the XMLRPC.render(...) function. You might want to print
the request content and unserialized arguments as a starting
point.

dave