[Twisted-Python] Twisted Slow? Woven - Production Ready?

Douglas Bagnall douglas at paradise.net.nz
Sat Aug 23 08:43:33 MDT 2003

Richard Johannesson wrote:

> .Net seems like a big improvement over ASP/PHP, but prefer Python easily
> over .Net. If you've done .Net and Twisted - how would you compare the
> learning curve for a typical web programmer using either .Net or
> Twisted/Woven platform?

I don't know .Net, but from experience and months of lurking, I would
say the Twisted newbie experience is characterised by waves of confusion
and euphoria.  The learning curve is juddery, but generally enjoyable.

The closest thing to Woven I have used is Axkit (perl warning:
http://axkit.org/), but of course Twisted as a whole is deeper and
wider.  If you can take advantage of that, and if you have a bit of
time, then I would recommend Twisted.  But if you have just a few weeks
to make a boring web app, you might be better off with any old *SP.

douglas