[Twisted-Python] IMAP4Client barfed with cyrus-imap

Jp Calderone exarkun at intarweb.us
Mon Aug 18 08:19:12 MDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 06:56:13PM +0800, Wari Wahab wrote:
> Hi there, I was trying out IMAP4Client subclass (is that the correct
> way?), and I did a simple 10 liner program that lists out available
> folders in an IMAP box, things worked fine with the courier imap server,
> but when I tried it with a cyrus imapd, this error occurred on
> IMAP4Client.login()
>
> 2003/08/18 18:33 SGT [MailClient,client] Capabilities problem: [Failure
> instance: Traceback: twisted.protocols.imap4.IMAP4Exception, Unexpected
> extra arguments to Capability
>
> [snip transcript]
>
> Is this a bug?

  Probably!  Could you create an issue at http://twistedmatrix.com/bugs/ and
attach the full traceback, as well as a log of the actual transcript
(capture with a logger, such as ethereal, or debug output from the server
(uncomment some of the prints that are already there)) if possible?

  Jp

--
"There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in their
home."