[Twisted-Python] Newbie here - question about Guard

Dave Thorne Dave at centralmanclc.com
Fri Aug 15 05:00:53 MDT 2003

Hi,

My name is Dave Thorne, I am a developer at the Central Manchester City
Learning Centre in England, and I have joined this list because I am hoping
to use Twisted for a couple of projects I am working on.

I have just set up a woven application and I am thoroughly getting into the
code and setting everything up, but the one element I am missing is user
authentication. I have found twisted.web.woven.guard and think that this is
what I want, but I may be wrong. All I need is a way of authenticating my
woven application ( my user list is in a database I have - ZODB) so that
users can log in and get access to their information. Unfortunately I can't
seem to find any information about authentication using the guard classes,
and I wondered if anyone could help me. The documentation I have downloaded
is incomplete and I can't find anything on the web about it. I'm not too
bothered about how the authentication works (i.e. basic authentication of
the web browser or a more application driven authentication).

If anyone has any documentation, or even a simple example so I can get
started that would be a great help. Failing that, does anyone have any
experience using the guard classes that would be willing to help me?

Of course, if guard is not the method I need, and there is any other way of
authentication that I don't know about, it would be nice to be pointed in
the right direction.

yours Hopefully,
Dave