[Twisted-Python] Problems with wxPython and Twisted on linux

Michael Porter mporter at despammed.com
Thu Aug 14 03:09:33 MDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexander Zhukov" <tard at 2kservices.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2003 9:25 AM

> Hi. I've problems running wxPython with twisted reactor under linux.
> When I try to run the application with
>
> wxsupport.install(app)
> reactor.run()
>
> I get the following exception:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "wxdemo.py", line 36, in ?
>     demo()
>   File "wxdemo.py", line 33, in demo
>     reactor.run()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/twisted/internet/default.py",
> line 121, in run
>     self.startRunning(installSignalHandlers=installSignalHandlers)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/twisted/internet/default.py",
> line 115, in startRunning
>     self._handleSignals()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/twisted/internet/default.py",
> line 87, in _handleSignals
>     signal.signal(signal.SIGINT, self.sigInt)
> SystemError: error return without exception set
>

> Twisted version 1.0.6 and 1.0.7alpha4
> wxPythonGTK 2.4.1.2
>
> The same code works fine on windows. Any ideas how to fix it?

This is the same problem I made a post about a few weeks back. It does occur
on Windows (at least for me) but only with the latest version of wxPython
(wxPython 2.4.1.2). It's in the bug trackers for Python (id 762198) and
wxWindows (id 746099) and has apparently been fixed but I don't know when it
will make it into a release.

If you run without signal handlers (reactor.run(installSignalHandlers=0)) it
doesn't occur.

Mike.