[Twisted-Python] ADBAPI and individual rows

Edmund Dengler edmundd at eSentire.com
Fri Aug 8 17:12:00 MDT 2003

Greetings!

Digging a bit more into the DB side, and I wonder a bit about the API for
adbapi. From what I can tell, the runQuery() will return a Deferred for
the whole result set (which implies the result set is in memory). Is there
a method or style for running a query in which each row will be passed
back through a Deferred one at a time? (Basically, each cycle through
reactor.run() would be returning a single row).

What I am looking for is how to deal with a large result set without
requiring the whole set be in memory. Should I be looking elsewhere within
Twisted to do this?

Regards!
Ed