[Twisted-Python] Woven and sessions

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Aug 8 08:45:36 MDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 10:29:27AM -0400, Edmund Dengler wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
>
> > Not at the moment.  It used to be off, but some browsers balked at the
> > redirect cycle.
>
> I would question this. I have used a few systems that used redirects to
> perform logins (via Apache, Resin) and I have yet to find a browser in
> which this was an issue. Do you know specifically which ones?

wget

> > > Question 2: Can I force a session cycle (ie, force /xxx/yyy to have a
> > > session?
> >
> > It should happen automatically.  Isn't it?
>
> No it doesn't, which is an issue. I perform an /xxx/yyy, and I get the
> page with no cookie set or placed in the URL.

I don't understand this, it works for me. If there is a SessionWrapper
at /, /xxx, or /xxx/yyy, then it should be working.

> > "allow URLs to be taken"?  Say again?
>
> Sorry, "allow URLs to be bookmarked". I am trying to ensure that if a
> person bookmarks a URL, that the next time they come in, they are
> sessioned properly and that they will be logged in properly.

http://twistedmatrix.com/bugs/issue138 -- I had this same
problem. it's assigned to dp, but he hasn't gotten around to fixing it
yet.

---------+     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/radix.twistd/