[Twisted-Python] Re: Flag storing broke in IMAP4Client

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Tue Aug 5 18:57:37 MDT 2003

Andrew Bennetts <andrew-twisted at puzzling.org> writes:

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 08:47:11PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
>>
>> This would likely be a problem for all IMAP commands that issues STORE to the
>> server: setFlags(), addFlags(), removeFlags(), etc.
>
> I *strongly* recommend using either CVS or the latest alpha if you are using
> IMAP.  There has been a lot of work (almost forty checkins) done on it since
> 1.0.6:
>     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/jh.twistd/viewcvs/cgi/viewcvs.cgi/twisted/protocols/imap4.py?cvsroot=Twisted

It hasn't fixed this problem, however.

Am I the only one using IMAP4Client for serious work?  (This is not a
rhetorical or accusatory question; merely an honest inquiry)

Some of these problems I feel like I should be able to fix myself, but
the imap4.py code is sparsely-commented and I fear unintended
side-effects...

-- John