[Twisted-Python] Woven and submodelling through deferreds

Syver Enstad syver-en at online.no
Tue Aug 5 16:38:58 MDT 2003

Donovan Preston <dp at twistedmatrix.com> writes:

> On Tuesday, August 5, 2003, at 11:41 AM, Syver Enstad wrote:
>
> <snip deferred model>
>
> > template:

> Change view="None" to view="Widget". The None widget (DefaultWidget)
> doesn't know anything about Deferreds, and thus can't pause the
> rendering of the rest of the node until the deferred has fired.

Thanks Donovan, that did the trick. Great, I've done some pretty gross
hacks to get around that problem, it was about time I learned how to
do it.

Regarding views, how do I find out what views one should use? What is
the default view (or isn't there such a thing)? When should one use
Widget and when should one use None? Are there any documents on things
like this?

--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad