[Twisted-Python] SSL and Perspective Broker

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Tue Aug 5 09:25:57 MDT 2003

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 10:50:05 -0400 (EDT)
Edmund Dengler <edmundd at eSentire.com> wrote:

> I can telnet to the port, so it is not a networking issue.

Are you sure? Because connectSSL is what getObjectAtSSL would be using
internally, so that is *not* the issue. Also, on windows you'd want to
make that 127.0.0.1 or it will not work.

The DeprecationWarning is due to the use of getPerspective(), which has
also been deprecated. I'll make the warning more clear. Basically PB
should now use new cred, which is far far cleaner and easier to use (the
PBClientFactory.login() method for connecting and PBServerFactory on
server side.) Using getPerspective() will still work for the forseeable
future, of course. See twisted.test.test_pb (the last 4 classes, IIRC)
for examples of how to do this.

I know this may be annoying, but we're doing this because of all the
issues we had with the old APIs that were broken and hard to use in a
variety of ways. Hopefully documentation of the new APIs will be
available soon.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
Available for Python & Twisted consulting