[Twisted-Python] Another silly XML-RPC question

Steve Freitas sflist at ihonk.com
Tue Aug 26 16:51:36 EDT 2003

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply!

> No, you just send a python dictionary. XML-RPC will serialize
> it as a struct and it will be converted back to a Python dict
> before it is passed to your handler.
>
> If you're using Twisted on the client side as well:
>
>   proxy.callRemote('foo', {'x':42})

Unfortunately I'm using C++ on the client side, with XmlRpc++ as my library
(http://xmlrpcpp.sourceforge.net/). I'd like to avoid putting Python in that
mix, as I wasn't planning on using it on the client at all.

Besides, I thought this was what I was doing when I sent my Twisted server a
simple struct. If XML-RPC serializes it as a struct (which was what I was
sending), what am I doing wrong to prevent it from working as you describe?

Thanks!

Steve