[Twisted-Python] IMAP4Client barfed with cyrus-imap

Wari Wahab wari at home.wari.org
Mon Aug 18 06:56:13 EDT 2003

Hi there, I was trying out IMAP4Client subclass (is that the correct
way?), and I did a simple 10 liner program that lists out available
folders in an IMAP box, things worked fine with the courier imap server,
but when I tried it with a cyrus imapd, this error occurred on
IMAP4Client.login()

2003/08/18 18:33 SGT [MailClient,client] Capabilities problem: [Failure
instance: Traceback: twisted.protocols.imap4.IMAP4Exception, Unexpected
extra arguments to Capability

So, the difference between these two servers are:
[mailstuff]# telnet courierhost 143
Trying 202.172.46.73...
Connected to courierhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2000 Double Precision, Inc.  See
COPYING for distribution information.
A01 CAPABILITY
* CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT
THREAD=REFERENCES SORT STARTTLS
A01 OK CAPABILITY completed
A02 LOGOUT
* BYE Courier-IMAP server shutting down
A02 OK LOGOUT completed
Connection closed by foreign host.

[mailstuff]# telnet cyrushost 143
Trying 65.200.24.205...
Connected to cyrushost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK cyrushost Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.13 server ready
A01 CAPABILITY
* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS
NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND SORT
THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES IDLE STARTTLS AUTH=DIGEST-MD5
AUTH=CRAM-MD5
A01 OK Completed
A02 LOGOUT
* BYE LOGOUT received