[Twisted-Python] Newbie trying to figure out cred

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Aug 17 14:16:07 EDT 2003

On Sunday, August 17, 2003, at 11:43 AM, Alex May wrote:

> I upgraded to twisted 1.0.6 and downloaded sandbox/webhappyrealm.py.
> When I
> run it and attempt to access /site1 I get the following:

If you are using new cred, please upgrade to the latest alpha.  (There
should be another one coming out tonight.)  It is new code, and while
the core isn't changing very much, a lot of other systems that use it
are being updated, and new examples are being added.

Also, please check out Quotient (www.divmod.org) for a more complete
example.

I have noticed that about 1/3 of the traffic on this mailing list is
now "I am trying to understand  cred (usually in the context of
woven.guard) and the docs seem incomplete.  Help!".  It's is my fault
that it's so badly documented, and I am duly apologetic, but I simply
don't have the time to fix this in the near term, and we need a
solution in the near term.

Thankfully, Travis has agreed to take over the issue for me for a
while.  I'd like it if some of you that are having problems with the
state of the documentation could coordinate with him to produce a
sensible tutorial (and probably some patches to guard!) that will
reduce the future volume of these questions :)