[Twisted-Python] Newbie trying to figure out cred

Alex May twistedmail at filosi.com
Sun Aug 17 12:43:53 EDT 2003

Hello All,

I am new to the twisted framework.  After some searching through the docs, I
finally found the howtos and examples that let me grok the basic twisted
concepts.  Since then I've been successful putting together a basic web
application with twisted.

Now I am trying to add credential functionality and I am completely lost.
Initially I read all the API docs, and could not make much sense of how to
stitch everything together.  Nor could I find any web based credential
examples.  Finally I found the mailing list thread titled "lies, damn lies,
and interfaces", which outlined a new cred interface and gave an example
file.

I upgraded to twisted 1.0.6 and downloaded sandbox/webhappyrealm.py.  When I
run it and attempt to access /site1 I get the following:

-----
web.Server Traceback (most recent call last):

twisted.cred.error.UnhandledCredentials: No checker for
twisted.cred.credentials.IAnonymous ,twisted.cred.credentials.ICredentials

twisted.cred.error.UnhandledCredentials: No checker for
twisted.cred.credentials.IAnonymous ,twisted.cred.credentials.ICredentials
-----

Are these new interfaces mature enough to use?  Should I instead use the CVS
version of twisted?  Or am I just being stupid and doing something wrong?

Please help!

Thanks,
Alex

PS: I'm running python 2.2.2.