[Twisted-Python] Newbie here - question about Guard

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Aug 15 14:12:06 EDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 12:00:53PM +0100, Dave Thorne wrote:

> All I need is a way of authenticating my woven application ( my user
> list is in a database I have - ZODB) so that users can log in and
> get access to their information.

You're going to need to create a Credentials Checker to look into ZODB
to get the information. See twisted.cred.checkers.FilePasswordDB for
an example of how to do this -- that one reads a file that has
"username:password" lines and authenticates against
it. `requestAvatarID' is the only public interface that it must
implement.

---------+     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/radix.twistd/