[Twisted-Python] Uninteruptable infinite loop: Woven rendering

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Mon Aug 11 00:07:10 EDT 2003

On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 10:55:06PM -0500, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:

> On Sunday, August 10, 2003, at 09:20 PM, Andrew Bennetts wrote:
>
> >    b) keep a counter, so that if 5 SIGINT or SIGTERMs are caught without
> >       the reactor shutting down, somehow force a shutdown, perhaps
> >       uncleanly.  Hopefully this can be done without calling os._exit() ;)
> >       Bonus points for logging a traceback of where-ever the main thread
> >       was at the time, to help track down infinite loops...
>
> Huh!  The reactor used to do this at one point, but it seems to have
> been removed.  It's been a while since I looked at the reactor, but
> does anyone remember doing this?

It did used to do this (that's where I got the idea from ;), but there's not
much sign of it anymore.  There's a global 'interruptCountdown' in
twisted.internet.main, but it's no longer used anywhere that I can find.
I'm guessing that in the great Reactor Refactor, or the Bride of Reactor
Refactor, this feature went AWOL...

Who wants to have this bug assigned to them?  :)

-Andrew.