[Twisted-Python] Maturity of twisted.web.woven?

Steve Freitas sflist at ihonk.com
Mon Aug 4 18:59:02 EDT 2003

Hi all,

In David Mertz's recent DeveloperWorks articles on Twisted, he states the
opinion, "Twisted's Web templating framework, woven, while becoming quite
sophisticated, is unstable enough that I will only touch on it here."[1]

Do the core developers agree with this? The reason I'm asking is that I'm
looking at coding a commercial (read: credit-card accepting,
livelihood-producing) website in the next several weeks, and I'd like to do
it in Twisted if that's the wise choice. But I'd like to know if it might be
wiser to pick something that isn't being developed so quickly any more, e.g.
Webware.

Thanks,

Steve Freitas

[1] http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-twist2.html