[Twisted-Python] SSL and Perspective Broker

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Mon Aug 4 16:44:23 EDT 2003

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 16:30:01 -0400 (EDT)
Edmund Dengler <edmundd at eSentire.com> wrote:

> Grabbed a copy of 1.0.7alpha2. Tried out a simple echo server using
> "getObjectAtSSL", and it seems to work. Looking over the docs and
> API, I cannot seem to find anyplace that would allow the specification
> of client certificates. Is this supported (or planned to be
> supported)?

1. Use CVS, or the upcoming alpha, which has better SSL API, as soon as
you can.

2. Yes, you can specify client certificate by making a custom context
factory. See the example context factories in twisted.internet.ssl and
read the pyOpenSSL docs for the Context object.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
Available for Python & Twisted consulting