[Twisted-Python] Docs...

Micah Yoder micahlists at comcast.net
Fri Aug 1 17:56:07 MDT 2003

Hi,

I know it has been mentioned before that more/better docs would be nice.

Can I suggest a doc like "twisted.web for PHP developers" with lots of
examples including stuff like sessions and database access?

I would actually be willing to help with such a manual, but I'm still trying
to understand much of this stuff myself. :)  I am currently working on my
first twisted.web app.  I'm getting there, but the docs still leave some
questions.  If a few others would find this useful and have some of the
knowledge needed, perhaps we could collaborate on it.

As for the examples on the site, how about sending them with a MIME type of
text/plain?  That would allow viewing them in the browser insted of
downloading them, which would be nice.

Also, where are the apps?  Searching Freshmeat for "twisted" doesn't really
come up with any Twisted apps, unless WebTK counts.  For example, a Twisted
based bulletin board or blog.  Something like that would help a lot!

Thanks,
Micah

--
Yoder Internet Development
Honest and Affordable Web Development and Linux consulting