[Twisted-Python] Would this do it?

dansan santacruz at southern.edu
Sun Apr 13 10:07:43 MDT 2003

Enlightened ones,

I'm trying to develop a small server for a checkers tournament that we
are trying to host in our school.  Students will submit their entries
that talk on stdin-stdout.  Our idea was to make a socket server that
receives all the connections and then makes them all play a tournament.
I've been thinking about doing it from scratch, just using an array of
connections somehow, but this has proven to be way more difficult than I
anticipated.  For one, I've had a difficult time trying to figure out a
way of 'managing' the server real-time.  I've come across twisted just a
day ago, and I'm wondering if I could make it work for me.  Is twisted
applicable to my problem?

I'd appreciate any an all input anyone can give me.  I am quite the
beginner in python, but I'm willing to read up anything that needs to be
read :)

Thanks a ton.

dansan.