[Twisted-Python] FTP Server

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Tue Apr 8 07:39:17 MDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 10:12:03AM -0500, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
> On Wed,  2 Apr 2003 10:28:08 +0200
> Stefano Maniero <smaniero at sfera.net> wrote:
>
> > I'm a new developer in twisted. I want test twisted writing an ftp
> > server.
> >
> > Can anyone indicate an example or doc for developing ftp server? In
> > twisted distribution I didn't find it.
>
> twisted.protocols.ftp has code for a FTP server that serves files from
> the filesystem. It's not pluggable, and needs a lot of work, but it
> could be used as a basis for a cleaned up refactored server.

It also doesn't use twisted.cred at the moment, so not only are the
resources it serves not pluggable, neither is the authentication.

I'm planning on doing an FTP server rewrite "soon", based on the new
infrastructure that the FTP client now uses (thanks to radix for helping me
with that!).  Given my track record at doing things "soon", I probably
wouldn't hold my breath, though :)

-Andrew.