[Twisted-Python] Serving up php apps: gallery

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Apr 28 14:08:52 EDT 2003

On 2003.04.28 13:20, Stephen Boulet wrote:
> Anyone familiar with the php app "The Gallery" for online photo galleries? Is
> this the type of thing twisted can serve up?

There are problems with using Twisted/PHP right now. PHP won't work unless you've
compiled it with some special flags for "CGI Support", at least as of one of the
recent PHP versions.

I'm not even sure if PHP support should remain in. Nobody's maintaining it (not
to mention that it's hard to support, apparently), and there are much better
solutions for serving PHP than what Twisted can offer.

> I understand it makes use of the apache module "mod_rewrite"...

I don't know what you're talking about wrt mod_rewrite,  but if you've already
got Apache, you should definitely be using Apache's PHP support with mod_php.

---------+     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/radix.twistd/