[Twisted-Python] Twisted 1.0.4 - mktap verbosity [was: Re: documentation issue?]

Francois Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun Apr 27 12:26:00 EDT 2003

[rprice at collegenet.com]

> I am working my way through "The Twisted Documentation" Jan
> 29, 2003 and found a problem with an example (or with me).
> At http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/howto/plugin it says:
>    % mktap qotd
>    Saving qotd application to qotd.tap...
>    Saved.
> % twistd -f qotd.tap
> % nc localhost 8007
> An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
> % kill `cat twistd.pid`

> The problem is when I run 'mktap qotd' I get the following error:
>    Unknown command: qotd
> and then it prints the usage and options help.

I got the same problem, then quickly figured out that I forgot to create
an empty `__init.py__' file within the other files.

But the real reason of this reply is for reporting that the documented:

   Saving qotd application to qotd.tap...
   Saved.

lines are not given in response to calling `mktap'.  Besides that detail,
the example nicely works.  Instead of amending the documentation to
remove those two lines, maybe `mktap' could accept some `-v' option,
server generic, for producing them, and be an opened door for any later
other useful extra feedback?