[Twisted-Python] adapi.Connection._runQuery always does rollback()

Federico Di Gregorio fog at initd.org
Sat Apr 26 17:45:55 EDT 2003

Il sab, 2003-04-26 alle 23:44, Clark C. Evans ha scritto:
> On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 01:49:06PM -0700, Dave Peticolas wrote:
> | To summarize the discussion, you need to commit, not rollback,
> | as it's possible for select calls to have side effects. One example
> | is calling a stored procedure.
>
> This makes sense.  For example, the stored procedure may update
> an access log table which records the last time that a user looked
> at a given peice of information.   This could be quite useful.
>
> But, in any case, the 'transaction' should be terminated.  If it
> was successful (no exception) then it should be committed, else
> it should be rolled back...

yes, there is not that much difference between a Query and an Operation.
imho the adbapi can be cleaned up *a lot*, but i'll try that after
sending my big cleanup patch (that makes min/max of connections
working). i just need to find enough time to write a test case to
demonstrate it does not break anything.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio
Debian GNU/Linux Developer                                fog at debian.org
INIT.D Developer                                           fog at initd.org
              All programmers are optimists. -- Frederick P. Brooks, Jr.