[Twisted-Python] Congrats / a little newbie confusion

Jeffrey Mathews jeff at bodkinpartners.com
Thu Apr 3 11:29:46 EST 2003

I really enjoyed your talks at PyCon last week, as did pretty much everyone
I spoke with.  You all did a great job at creating a lot of enthusiasm for
twisted.

So I come home, and get the 1.0.3 self-installer for windows, as well as the
docs and start playing.

First thing I notice is that the introductory demo doesn't work, because
twistd.py won't run as a script (it has no "if __name__ == '__main__':
run()").  I obviously could fix that, but it seems so basic that I worry
that I'm just missing something (like I'm not supposed to be using the
scripts in /scripts directly).

Next question is what happened to support for a FieldStorage-like api in the
protocols.http.request module?  Googling shows that 0.99.3 had it, but 1.03
doesn't.  Is it coming back, or to be replaced by something else?  I'd like
it for file uploads in a very simple web-based photo album, to share some
family shots.

Thanks in advance for the help, and again, great job at PyCon.