[Twisted-Python] Zip Death?

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Sep 30 09:14:50 MDT 2002

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 11:12:01 -0400, Eron Lloyd <elloyd at lancaster.lib.pa.us> wrote:
> Is there anything in distutils that could aid in this?

I believe that 'python setup.py bdist_wininst' will create a win32 installer,
but it will only do so on Windows.  It also has some limitations (there's no
facility for putting anything into your Start menu, for example) but it does at
least get all the files in the right place.

The trouble is that it requires MSVC++, and so has to run actually on a windows
box, and can't be automated on our unix release server.

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Traveling Sorcerer   |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |