[Twisted-Python] Strange DOMTemplate error

Alex Levy alexander.levy at tufts.edu
Fri Sep 20 03:20:41 MDT 2002

I have been toying around with DOM Templates, practically using the example
code off the web page (with a few minor changes), and I found something
very strange.

I received xml.sax._exceptions.SAXParseException whenever I placed the
string '©'
inside my template HTML.  This, as it turns out, applied to just about any
HTML special character.  I tested it with ©   &foo; and a range
of others.  It also broke (although with a different error) whenever I
tried using numeric character codes, like ™.

Is this a 'feature', or some strange bug?  Figured I'd mention it here.

--
Alex Levy
WWW: http://mesozoic.geecs.org

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
-- Salvor Hardin, Isaac Asimov's _Foundation_