[Twisted-Python] relationships in t.e.row

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Sep 8 16:31:31 MDT 2002

On Sun, 8 Sep 2002 15:48:58 -0500, "Sean Riley" <sean at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
> i now have a working version of relationships in t.e.row that also includes
> simplifying the interface a little. It is however incompatible with the
> existing version of the code...

I don't think anyone else was using the existing code; it needed some of the
changes you've just mentioned first :-)

> Is anyone using t.w.row and if so, do they object to changes to add this
> functionality even if it breaks existing code?

> class FurnitureRow(row.RowObject):
>     rowColumns    = ["furnId", "roomId", "name", "posx", "posy"]
>     dbKeyColumns  = [("furnId","int4")]
>     tableName     = "furniture"
>     foreignKeys   = [("testrooms", [("roomId","int4")],
> [("roomId","int4")]) ]

The names of these attributes look a little sloppy.  Could they have a
consistent prefix to give readers of the code a hint at what they're looking
at?  I would propose "rowColumns, rowKeyColumns, rowTableName, rowForeignKeys",
as long as we're breaking compatibility.

This looks like a good evolution of the ROW interface.  How stable do you feel
this new iteration will be?

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Traveling Sorcerer   |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |