[Twisted-Python] 2.3 and an unstable chroot

Moshe Zadka twisted at moshez.org
Sat Sep 7 10:36:29 MDT 2002

Dear root at pyramid,

Python2.3's problems with distutils are fixed, so I would like to turn
Python2.3 support on for Twisted 0.99.1. We have two options:

1. I can build in the unstable chroot on moshez.org: that will mean wasted
   upload and download time.
2. We can create an ssh-able unstable chroot on pyramid.

Here are the steps to do so:
1. Pick a directory
2. Run debootstrap *woody*
3. Enter the chroot, change apt/sources.list to point to sid and dist-upgrade
4. Install ssh, and configure it to be a server
5. Copy /etc/passwd from outside to the chroot
6. Run a script to make home directories and chown them
7. Copy the $CHROOT/etc/init.d/ssh to /etc/init.d/ssh-chroot
8. Modify /etc/init.d/ssh-chroot so that all commands look at files in the
   chroot, and such that start-stop-server runs the command "chroot" with
   the argument "sshd" (man start-stop-server for that)

Thanks.