[Twisted-Python] OS X build issues..

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Fri Sep 27 08:03:15 EDT 2002

On Friday, September 27, 2002, at 05:03 AM, Christopher Armstrong wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 07:01:00PM -0700, Bob Dog wrote:
>> Bob,
>> I just wanted to let you know that I'd be interested in trying
>> twisted if
>> you get a patch for OS X. I just wanted to let you know there was an
>> interest out there.
>>
>> Dwayne
>>
>> P.S. I installed your mod_pyton a while back, works great
>>

> Twisted, afaik, works fine on OS X -- the C modules are optional and
> are
> only for speed; they offer you no extra functionality.

Yeah, what he said, I've been using twisted for OS X as long as I've
been using python on OS X.  "python setup.py install" doesn't fail
gracefully, however.. you basically just have to "sudo mv
Twisted-0.99.2rc5/twisted /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/twisted" (if
you're using jaguar unix python).. or if you're using a framework
python then you need to mv it into
/Library/Frameworks/Python/Versions/Current/lib/python2.X/site-
packages/ where python2.X is the version (likely 2.2 or 2.3)

-bob