[Twisted-Python] jelly, marmalade, aot, and wacky types

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Sep 20 12:27:39 EDT 2002

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 14:08:15 +1000, Andrew Bennetts <andrew-twisted at puzzling.org> wrote:
> Quick question:
>
> Even if an object is of an unknown wacky type (say Zope's extension
> class), shouldn't jelly (and friends) check for
> callable(getattr(obj, '__getstate__, None)) anyway (i.e. treat it like
> an InstanceType and see what happens)?  It looks like this is what
> pickle does.
>
> -Andrew.

I'm working on support for new-style classes right now.  It's a little trickier
than it sounds, because Pickle is willing to invoke functions from just about
anywhere and I've tried to make the various Twisted serializers, especially
Jelly, not do that.

(Notwithstanding the `eval' currently in marmalade...)

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Traveling Sorcerer   |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |