[Twisted-Python] version control, QA, branching ...

Zooko zooko at zooko.com
Thu Sep 12 08:06:24 EDT 2002

There are four new version control systems that sound interesting to me:

 * BitKeeper
http://www.bitkeeper.com/

The most mature of the four (?).  Not fully free software, although I think it
is freely usable for open source projects.

 * Subversion
http://subversion.tigris.org/

Also relatively mature.

 * Arch
http://www.regexps.com/arch.html

There is a nice comparison between arch and subversion somewhere on that site.

 * OpenCM
http://www.opencm.org/

The least mature of the four, but the one with the most impressive
intellectual provenance.

I don't really know what the tradeoffs are among these four.  Personally, I'm
continuing to use CVS for everything for now.

Regards,

Zooko
http://mnet.sf.net/