[Twisted-Python] Fw: [Tutor] Interfacing to the web

Joe Cooper joe at swelltech.com
Wed Oct 23 19:13:10 MDT 2002

Just to interject a correction to the below bit about Squid.  Windows is
an officially supported platform, with at least two active maintainers.

Squid runs natively as a service on Windows NT when compiled with MS
compilers and under Cygwin built with GCC.  The MinGW port is reportedly
going well, though incomplete right now.  It has also been reported to
compile (with effort) under Mac OS X.  It is also likely to become a
supported platform if someone will step forward to take responsibility
for keeping an eye on new versions to insure they build and run.  Squid
also runs on most reasonably current Unices with GCC and GNU make, as
well as most modern platforms with vendor-supplied compilers (though GNU
make is probably still required in most cases).

--
Joe Cooper <joe at swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.