[Twisted-Python] twisted.persisted.journal: a prevayler-inspired persistence system

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Oct 14 13:45:11 MDT 2002

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002 20:29:36 -0400, Itamar Shtull-Trauring <twisted at itamarst.org> wrote:
> In other words - do it in the command, not in the framework, because
> frankly I have no way of knowing what random generator you use and so
> on.

You're right, of course.  It would be nice to have this supported by the
framework so that code _not_ designed to work with prevalence would still
function correctly, but there's a lot more to getting that to work than just
replacing the time and random modules. I/O is certainly a big one.

Your suggestion has a nice bonus, too.  It will actually make commands easier
to audit (and query, if you're using relational storage) since all the
information will be persistent as attributes rather than subtransactions.

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Travelling Sorcerer  |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |