[Twisted-Python] Lampadas, the LDP document management system

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Oct 22 13:02:21 EDT 2002

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 12:19:29PM -0500, David Merrill wrote:

> Lampadas is designed for the LDP, so if you think about what is involved
> in publishing such a website, you'll get the idea. However, it aims to go
> beyond the current LDP, or why bother? Let me break it down a bit...
>
> The LDP has nearly 700 documents. Some are in text, some in LinuxDoc SGML,
> some in DocBook SGML, some in DocBook XML. Lampadas has to let our staff
> manage them, publish them all in html and other downloadable formats, and
> also publish additional pages that make up our website. So essentially it
> is a documentation meta-data management system + a publishing system + a
> simple content management system.

Damn, this sounds like a perfect application for TamTam, too bad it's
not done yet :)

Oh well, I won't suggest that you wait for us to finish it :) but
perhaps in the future we can collaborate; I'll get in touch with you
when I think Tamtam is (nearly) robust enough to handle this use-case.

--
			Christopher Armstrong
		    << radix at twistedmatrix.com >>