[Twisted-Python] Woven

Donovan Preston dp at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Nov 20 10:20:56 MST 2002

Bruce,

You bet. Things are still shifting around a little bit, in particular
InputHandlers still don't fully work as nicely as I'd like them to.
However, Widgets are pretty stable.

I'll spend some time this weekend writing up documentation of what the
current usage looks like. In general, the biggest change is what
self.model means to a Widget and InputHandler. Before, self.model was
the main Model instance and self.submodel was a '/' delimited string
(or list of strings, before that) that described how to get to the
submodel. So as long as you didn't assume what self.model was (either
in a factory or in the actual Widget/InputHandler code) you should be
ok. Now, self.model is the actual leaf model, possibly wrapped in an
IModel adapter.

If anything else has broken, let me know and I will write test cases
for it to ensure that it works in the future (in particular Deferred
support in a large number of places.)

Also, anyone that has used or tried to use InputHandlers, I would
appreciate feedback about how things didn't work for you. In particular
I'd like to explore how to better identify data in the request and get
it to a particular InputHandler instance. (Right now, a node that looks
like <input model="foo" controller="myController" /> will cause an
InputHandler myController to look for "foo" in the request. This won't
work because there's no name="foo" attribute on the node. Also,
InputHandlers may want to handle more than just one piece of data from
the request in the case of some complex object which handles an entire
form.)

Donovan