[Twisted-Python] ANN: CVSToys 1.0.0

Kevin Turner kevin.m.turner at pobox.com
Sun Nov 10 21:27:42 MST 2002

How do I stay informed about changes to the repository?
How can I keep a checked-out working copy up to date?
How can I keep a back-up of my repository off site?
. . .

Twisted Matrix Laboratories has been using CVSToys to keep track of
their CVS repository for the past year, and now CVSToys is being
released to the general public for the first time.

FreshCVS ("the biggest best and only toy we've got"), working in
conjunction with CVS's 'loginfo' hook, will perform actions in response
to a commit.  Unlike 'loginfo' alone, which will only execute the first
matching command it finds, FreshCVS's flexible configuration allows for
any number of actions to take place.  Actions include notification by
mail (with diffs), chat service, and web (both HTML and RSS), updating a
working copy, and rsync to backup.

Another key feature of FreshCVS notifications is that you receive
one per commit, not one for each directory of the commit as
loginfo-triggered scripts are prone to do.

FreshCVS is extensible with Python, and you may also publish
notifications by a Perspective Broker network service, allowing 3rd
party clients to listen in.

More information and downloads may be found at
http://purl.net/net/CVSToys

CVSToys is open source software.
Share and enjoy,

 - Kevin Turner, Maintainer