[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] Support --version

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Nov 10 21:12:10 MST 2002

On 10 Nov 2002 15:26:28 -0000, Moshe Zadka <twisted at moshez.org> wrote:
> ...who can override opt_version() to report their own version.
> And if they don't, at least --version gives some useful output and
> immediate exit.

You're both right: I think there's a bit of a design hole in Options, since you
can't override opt_version with an arg, and strings in the various data
structures will be ignored in subclasses if it's a method in the superclass.
Lowest-level class ought to always take precedence.

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Traveling Sorcerer   |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |