[Twisted-Python] twisted, nc and LineReceiver

Alexandre Fayolle alexandre.fayolle at free.fr
Wed Nov 6 11:11:52 MST 2002

Hello, it's me again ;o)

So there's this server I'm porting from a ForkingTCPServer to twisted.
It listens on a socket, and reads one line at a time, processes the line
and writes the answer back on the socket to the client.

The ForkingTCPServer version uses a handler deriving from
StreamRequestHandler, and gets the data with self.rfile.readline().

The twisted version uses a LineReceiver protocol.

Now, if I use telnet to connect to both version of the server, I can
type some data, press return and get the answer back. This is great.
However, if I use nc send the data, the twisted-based server sees nothing
(lineReceived is not called!)

I have to admit I'm baffled, and I'll take any idea.

--
Alexandre