[Twisted-Python] distutils and twisted

Alexandre Fayolle alexandre.fayolle at free.fr
Wed Nov 6 09:46:27 MST 2002

En réponse à Steve Waterbury <waterbug at beeblebrox.gsfc.nasa.gov>:

> For your setup.py, something like this should work
> (note data_files ... :^):

Nope. It won't work with different versions of python, but this can easily be
worked around. What's more a problem is that it won't work on non-unix
platforms, and it won't work with the --home option passed to the install
command of setup.py, which is what I use to test packages locally (using
python setup.py install --home=$HOME will install packages in $HOME/lib/python).

I'm using a similar hack right now for testing, and I'll put up a distutils
extension once I get a few other issues with my plugin sorted out.

Alexandre Fayolle
--
http://alexandre.fayolle.free.fr
http://www.logilab.org