[Twisted-Python] newbie comments on documentation

Alexandre Fayolle alexandre.fayolle at free.fr
Wed Nov 6 07:08:14 MST 2002

Hi there,

I'm starting with twisted (debian package 0.99.2-4), and I'm currently
trying to convert a SimpleTCPServer based project to twisted, and
therefore reading the documentation and trying to wrap my head around
the framework.

Here's a few comments. I'm a good (python) programmer, but a complete
twisted newbie, and I think I may not be the only one with the same
problems/doubts/questions on the documentation.

The file quoters.py uses twisted.python.components.Interface, though the
text in the Plugin HOWTO says that "Note that this module does not
import any Twisted functionality at all!". It is not clear if the
Interface declaration is needed or not from reading the code and the
HOWTO.

The file quoteproto.py imports twisted.internet.app.Application, which
is never used. The import line should be removed from the example file.

That's all for now.

--
Alexandre