[Twisted-Python] MultiServiceTestCase.testDeferredStopService failure.

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Nov 16 09:42:11 EST 2002

On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 01:28:45AM +1100, Andrew Bennetts wrote:
> In test_internet, MultiServiceTestCase.testDeferredStopService is failing
> for me with Python 2.1.
>
> The problem appears to be that the test assumes a particular order for the
> callback results, but the object is internally holding them in a dict so
> that order isn't guaranteed.
>
> So is the test or the code buggy?  Can someone familiar with how
> MultiService should work look at this?  Thanks.

The test was lame, and the API sucked. I fixed this just now: the
Deferred that MultiService.stopService returns now results in a dict
that looks like {serviceObject: (successOrFail, resultFromService)}.

This API was only added a week or two ago, so I didn't bother doing
any backwards compatibility.

--
                        Christopher Armstrong
                    << radix at twistedmatrix.com >>