[Twisted-Python] stupid case sensitive web clients

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Sat Nov 16 02:24:27 EST 2002

On Friday, Nov 15, 2002, at 07:22 America/New_York, Matthias Urlichs
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Hamish Lawson:
>
> Ouch. What does the manufacturer of said stupid device have to say
> about
> this?

Nothing worthwhile, I made them rewrite their protocol entirely (from a
bastardized nonworking SOAP-like XML based protocol to a relatively
optimized binary protocol that makes sense), but I still have older
devices that I need to use from time to time.  I'd like to be able to
use them (a) without modifying my twisted install and (b) without
writing a new protocol entirely.

-bob