[Twisted-Python] tap-relative filenames?

Moshe Zadka m at moshez.org
Thu Nov 14 00:00:50 EST 2002

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Paul Moore <lists at morpheus.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Ultimately, I'll have a tap file, which I'll use to start the
> application using the twistd daemon. So what I'd like to do is store
> filenames relative to the directory which contains the tap file.

This is not a good idea -- on Debian systems, for example, tha tap
would be somewhere on /etc while the data files would be under
/var. In general, the tap should store the actual file names.
(BTW: Debian is used here as a system which adheres to the FHS religiously,
but really this is a consequence of the FHS)

This seems akin to the classic UNIX question "how do I find the name
of the executable?" to which the answer is "you don't".