[Twisted-Python] An unexpected interaction

Jp Calderone exarkun at meson.dyndns.org
Sat Nov 9 15:48:08 EST 2002

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 03:14:58AM -0600, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
> > [snip]
>
> I just checked in a fix for this, as well as your test.  Thanks for reporting it.

  Awesome, thanks :)  I've just noticed something else; not really a bug,
but some unhappy behavior: pickled dirdbm's aren't "portable" - You can't
shutdown, move the working directory, then restart the application.

  Maybe it would be good to store a path relative to the working directory?
Or just store exactly what is passed to __init__?

  The only reason I noticed this is I just tried to move my pyn files from
test/ to run/ :)  I don't anticipate having to move them again, but being
able to would probably be a "nice feature" -- a persistence mechanism that
can never be relocated from its original file location is kind of silly.

  Jp

--
It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to
students that have had prior exposure to BASIC: as potential